I had it all laid out in the pink styrofoam. After seeing a tweet from Brandon Palmer on twitter I decided to go shopping for a round wooden disc. I happened upon a 18" disc for $6. Perfect!!! (*forgot a pic!)
Layout the Design - I drew the lines and the center square first. Then I set my minis down on the lines and traced the bases outlines. I didn't take a good pic without models on it but here is the idea.
So, I sectioned off and numbered the display base, cut / shaped the sculpy to fit and then stamped the texture in. I then numbered each section and off to the oven I went. Looks like I was making dresses!!
After the sculpey baked and cured it was simply a matter of gluing down each section correctly and making trims as necessary. Always, always, always number stuff in hobby projects folks. Even if it means getting out some white paint. I then came back in with greenstuff and filled in the gaps / missing sections. Quick and easy.
Priming and painting it should be a breeze. I will post up painted pics of the entire army and display sometime next week.
Thanks for looking!