This is by far one of the largest and most involved projects I've ever undertaken. What a beast!
The part that took the longest is by far the skin tones. There were layers in there that took over 7 hours on one color!
I tried to make the stone he's holding look like it had been knocked over and laid in the dirt for a long while.
To add some color to it, I painted all the rocks up to look like warp stone. That was also why I decided to add the greens to the ankle and the statue, to help tie things together.
I'm really not looking forward to doing something this size again any time soon!
I almost did some freehand on his loin cloth, but decided against it after stenciling it on there. He's already a rather busy model, and it was just too much to take in at that point.
Some folks have asked if this was airbrushed. The answer is no. He's all brush painted. Once I finally learn to airbrush, I'll probably be kicking myself in the hind-end just thinking about how much time I could have saved on this project.
That's all I have for now!
Hobby plan for 2014 (for now)
38 minutes ago