Monday, December 17, 2012

Ghorgon Iron Blaster WIP 2: Rogain for Monsters

It's been just under 3 weeks, so here's an update. I feel like I've sculpted more fur than any other person on the planet at this point, and I still have quite a bit to go. Ugh.
I have two of the four arms almost completed, there's just a little more fur on the upper left arm's shoulder muscles.

I've searched and searched for a bit to use at the top of his loin cloth/bottom of his belly. Thus far the perfect one has eluded me. If anyone has any interesting ideas for that, please share!

In the shot above I've attached the extra bitz that I've made for him thus far. The Iron Blaster cannon, an extra cannon ball, and the loin cloth.

You'll see that I had to reposition the thumb on his upper left arm's hand. I also ended up having to reposition the index finger on his lower left hand. The hands look as natural as possible.
It ended being easier than I thought it would be to tie the repositioned forearms seamlessly back into the biceps. I'm really happy with how those joins ended up looking.
I've got most of his back covered over in fur already. I got distracted by the elbow joins about half way up though, since those are much more entertaining to work on.
In the previous pic, you can see his forearm covers put on. As I said in my first blog post, those will be painted separate.
There's a behind shot, with all the bitz put on. When I see him like that, I get really stoked up to work on him more!

That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed the update!

0 comments:

Post a Comment