Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bull Ogre Slaughtermaster: WIP Post #6 DONE!

The conversion work is finally done on this big bastard! Sorry for the three day delay in doing this post, but I figured that I might as well finish him up before making the blog post.
He took a total of 6 1/2 weeks of conversion time! I worked on him every single day, except 1. I really have to stop tracking my progress like this, as it's a bit depressing.

I'm really pleased with the end result.
He's one of the most unique models I've ever done. He's in the top 5 of models that I've put the most time into, I'd wager.
The staff turned out better than I thought it would. I got a bit down on it while doing it, but I'm glad I stuck it out. The design on the staff was sculpted totally from my mind's eye, I had no model or pic to look at for that.
The magical effect turned out really sweet as well. It's going to be painted up like smoke. The goal with the staff was to make it look like he was casting a spell using his own power, and it was also pulling power from the staff due to its proximity.
It was a real issue to get the hand holding the staff to stay attached. I ended up pinning it in two separate places at the wrist, and one place at the end of the staff smoke. That was the third time that I tried to attach it, the first two having been unsuccessful.
The staff was intended to look like a tree trunk that he had ripped up from the ground. That's why the end splays out like it does.
I extended both of his wrists a bit. His arms needed to be a bit longer since the rest of his body was enlarged.

Next I will post some size comparisons for all of the Bull Ogre Character models I've done. You don't really know how big they are til you get some reference!

1 comments:

Mr Saturday said...

Fantastic job, sounds like you had a bit of a wrestle with it, but boy did it turn out great. Nice work on his flappy bits, the man-tits worked out especially well.

Post a Comment