Sunday, April 3, 2011

Display Board

I spent Sunday getting the Brawler Bash display board near completion.  For making the edge of the foam I dug out my Hotwire Foam Factory set.  While I realize that it was probably overkill for the limited cutting I was doing, every time I use it I am reminded of just how awesome these tools are.  To make the hills I took 1" extruded polystyrene (pink or blue stuff) and cut two pieces.  I glued the pieces together and down to the cork.  I wish I would have remembered how much I HATE liquid nails. While it does make a nice bond it goes on so thick that there is always a gap. I think added a little sand at the bottom of the edges.  Then I painted it up with my Storm Gray, Hippo Gray and Drizzle Gray dry brush.  In retrospect I wish I would have covered the entire surface with sand as it would have made the dry brushing much easier on the flat surfaces.  I will probably add a little flock/grass, paint the frame and then call it a day.  If I had more time I would do more with it.  But I don't have the time so I won't!







0 comments:

Post a Comment