Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bases and Hammerers

I finally settled on the bases for the Dwarf army.  I would like to say that I'm original, but really I saw this base on the Army Painter website so I went with it.  Ultimatly, as long as I didn't end up with rock or snow on the base I would be happy.  I painted the base Codex Gray.  Then I flocked the base with Ash Grey Flock.  Then I added some Winter Tufts on various spots on about half the bases.   I may try leaving the top surface of the base black and see how the flock looks over it. With that settled I have a lot of base work ahead of me. 


The Hammerer unit is nearly complete.  All I have left to do is to add the shields.  They got the final shot of Dull Cote and then I went back over the gems with Vallejo brush on gloss varnish.  I'm really happy with the way the unit turned out.  The back rank and a half of models were from my existing army - which was painted to a lower, albeit quicker, standard.  As all the models used the same base colors so all the models blend together and your eyes really only focus on the front ranks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment