Sunday, October 19, 2014

Rogers' Hobby Desk - Episode 112

Here's a look at what I've been up to, as described in episode 112 of Point Hammered.

Mostly been working on Junkboyz!

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ask the Bastards #12

This question comes from Andrew:

So, I am trying to do white cloaks for my DE, I have been going with this snow theme for them, I can not get painting white down. I layer a medium grey down then try to goto white in a few stages . BUT IT LOOKS like shit. I know i am not a very good painter and i see things in my head but i cant appply it to the model. any tips or videos to help a hobbyist

Both Domus and Nicol step up to help this poor fella out!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Pro Painted #3?

A reader sent in a very interesting youtube vid. I think this is definitely worth a watch while you're painting away.

I'm really feeling for this dude. Hope it's resolved well.

I've read somewhere that these paint jobs would be in the $8,000 USD range! Nutty.

I'm curious what you folks think?

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Point Hammered Episode 112 Show Notes

Episode 112 has been released. Check it out!

Main Topic
We chitchat with Bill Robertson about the warscore site, son!

Email of the Week
 Brad from Perth has some general comments and is looking for advice on ways to spruce up his basing. See these suckas below!

Voicemail of the Week
Miel drops us a line letting us know how he's planning to use 50% lord and hero slots.

Event of the week
Siege at the Tower, January 10-11, 2015
Run by Bill Robertson, this is Ohio's longest running tournament! Check it out!

Johnny's current audiobook
Harry Dresden: Skin Game (the latest book in the Dresden series).

Rodge's current audiobook
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Rodge is loving these YA books!

Johnny's current obsession(s)
Myths of the Northmen on Amazon

Rodge's current obsessions(s)
Now that Master of Monsters is wrapped up, Rodge is moving on to Metal Marines!

Johnny's music pick
Johnny's Point Hammered history
The Reikland Ogre Disaster Project

Rodge's blog pick
Not really miniatures related per say but the overall tone of the blog and the posts on writing are a good kick in the butt for any project!

Johnny's army theme 'o the week
Lava & Polynesian Themed Lizardmen.

Phone an HPB
We give Bear a ring to see if we can figure out what this furry bastard's been up to.

Rodge's cheapass hidden hobby dollars
Get that free scale for selling your figs on eBay proper!

Johnny's sex toy
Question of the Month
Do you like warhammer rankings? Are they good for the hobby and tournament scene?

Let us know your thoughts on this question, the podcast or anything else by leaving comments below or contacting us through one of the following!!

601-TRY-HPBV (601-879-4728)
@pointhammered on twitter (Johnny)
@hammered_rodge (Rodge)

Advanced Gorkers and Morkers

As Jayjack mentioned, our Gorkamorka campaign is in full swing.

Diggas on the loose!

This is our second go at it and have come up with some additional house rules for the campaign.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Mr. Epidemius goes to Screw City

Legio Pestivoro at Screw City GT this past weekend...

Grimgorz Grimy Ladz, Update 2

I don't always drink 'umie beer, but wen I do, I drinkz da Blatz. (Rodge here: Blatz is the new Pabst!)

I updated the army name to Grimgorz Grimy Lads. It rolls off the tongue a bit better. I've had some stuff come up lately so missed out on some days of productivity, but I'm still enough on schedule not to worry. I also haven't posted my update recently, so here's a quick one.

Army of Sylvania

I recently discussed my Army of Sylvania and the first Storm of Chaos campaign on the podcast. I saw I never put any pics up on this here blog for posterity so I thought I'd throw 'em up. Most of  these models were painted in 2003-04 and my putty work was in its infancy so be gentle!

Saturday, October 11, 2014


If you've listened to the Pointhammered podcast, you may have gathered that we have a new Gorkamorka campaign going on. Well this time around I reckon I'll still be the whipping boy of the group, but I'm going to go my own way. I went with the Muties! I've taken a little break from my O&G army project to work on a little something for these guys, so I thought I'd share.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hoarders Display Base

So in addition to building, making custom bases, converting, and painting an army in 2 weeks time I also decided to make a display base at the very last minute.  I did have a rough draft idea to work from but I ended up going a slightly different way.  Rough idea...

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hoarders Basing

So, the big concept was not only a bunch of dragons, but a bunch of dragons nesting on a treasure horde!

I did a ton of research for how to make the treasure horde look right.  In fact, it delayed the project for quite some time until I could figure it out.

I reached out to some fellas who I know to be madly in love with theming armies like me for some suggestions.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ask the Bastards #11

Some specific questions for Hastings, Phaneuf and Rogers this time!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Chaos Dwarf Lammasu

Here is a link to the eBay masterpiece I mentioned on Episode 111of Point Hammered.

I did not throw this sucker in the last Pro Painted post as the seller makes no such claims as to the professional nature of the conversion. It really deserves its own post anyways.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rogers' Hobby Desk - Episode 111

Here's a look at what I've been up to, as described in episode 111 of Point Hammered.